I'm a mystery
Wednesday, May 16, 2007
6:34 PM

She died.


The car accident had not only taken away her life, but also literally snagged away his life. His entire world came crashing down on him. He drowned his sorrows in beer to numb the throbbing ache in his heart and guilt pounded his head every time he tried to move on. His life was shredded into strips of trash. Thoughts of suicide were once stagnant in his head, but was sharply replaced by his responsibility towards his and her parents. That day, an unknown desire compelled him to check his email. That particular email had him pick up the shattered pieces of his heart.


It was an email sent by her on the day she met with the tragic accident.

"I was so blinded by anger when I ran away from you, until I came through and saw this Internet cafe. I decided I had to apologise to you one way or another and this is the method I choose. Knowing how much you love your work, you will certainly see this and understand how I feel."


His palpitating heart paused for spilt seconds and his parched throat constricted his breathing.

"I love you. I really do. But I really want us to get married because my pride had suffered an immense blow when I heard the rumors around the streets saying how I clung to you like a whore. It's not true! But then it struck me with horror that I only had to swallow the insults but you had to slave yourself to get us by. I was not being fair. Sorry. I am going back now to tell you how much I love you and I don't need a stupid marriage to prove your love."

A surge of regret shot up his heart. Lips quivering and eyes staring transfixed at the screen, he had to bite down on his bottom lip to prevent himself from bawling.

"I am a bird and you are my tree. Although the bird leaves her sanctuary for a few moments, eventually the bird will return to the tree's embrace."

The bird never did return after all.

Thoughts swirled furiously around his head and his vision went grey around the edges. The gnawing anguish embedded its talons in his heart and it simply will not sway. Her reason for overlooking her safety was due to her anxiousness to return back to him.

A few days later saw him in a church. The ceremony was a small one with only close relatives attending. Dressed smartly in a black tuxedo, he clutched a small box in his right grasp. Taking swift long strides, he reached the altar in no time.

Beside him, was her in a wheelchair.

In everyone eyes, she looked beautiful than ever. Extra rouge was dabbed with care on her cheeks gave her a natural glow, not to mention the ruby red lipstick added to her full lips. Although her eyes were shut tightly, her eyes were drawn beautifully with precision. Not a single strand of hair was out in place. Everything was perfect. She took his breath away. It seemed that she was only having a nap like every other day. For a moment there, he thought her eyes would flicker open and as usual, grant him a bright smile.

Snapping back to reality, he listened intently to the priest droning his usual speech. His family and her parents were shocked speechless when he told them their decision. Baffled friends had discouraged him. Yet nothing deterred him and nothing could even sway his firm decision.

The priest cleared his throat, rousing him from his deep reflections. He took the priest's nod as an indication that he was done. Retrieving a glittery diamond ring from the box, he slipped the ring gently onto her clammy finger.

"We are finally married, my love."

With that, he sealed the deal with a kiss on her cold lips.


P.S: I do hope you understand this story. It was a very touching one, inspired by a Chinese storybook.

&the beauty.

just a girl

♥ Gnep
I'm just a 17 year old girl who wishes World Peace, Loves Family, friends and my dogs, Writing, singing and idolising.?



lust items

Laptop.
I Pod with huge space to put my never-ending list of songs.
A ticket to tour around the world.

What's rocking?

Monster by Meg & Dia :D

psst...



..



run away

Astrid SM
Marcus
Yu Fang
Mei Mei Shirlene
Roti
Shu Xian =)
Aleewa
WY *
Bao Yi
CXY =.=
Chamilia >.<
Jamie the small
Judy
The lovely AZI
Joan
Nat Nat
Man Yun!
eLIZ
MiRah

nostalgia

credits

designer joy.deprived
fonts&brushes xxx
images x
image hosting x
software

Adobe Photoshop CS3, Macromedia Dreamweaver 8.0

- please keep the credits AS THEY ARE :] thankyou.