I'm a mystery
Saturday, July 07, 2007
11:43 AM

This is a recount I did for the English Enrichment. I personally think it was a pretty good piece because I spent a lot of time on this.

Our target had been spotted. Alone and petite. The furious flicker of the dim lights seemed to be a warning bestowed upon our prey, a reminder that one defenceless girl like her should not be only accompanied by her lingering shadow. Standing at an approximate 5 feet, our astounding height of six feet towered dominantly over hers easily. My accomplices, Ellie and Lola, pointed their slender fingers at her and giggled incessantly. Ellie nudged me sharply in my ribs to break my train of thoughts. I bit my lip to suppress a retort that was slipping out. Instead I scowled at her. Lola’s silted eyes glowed eerily and her thin lips curled in a sinister grin. One that promised that she was once again up to no good.

A single tilt of Lola’s head was the signal. Armed with a penknife, in case the target evolved to become an aggressive brute, we strode to the girl. There was not a single soul that dared to linger in the dingy deserted alley. Perhaps people were cautious of the dark, not knowing what is lurking behind the silhouettes of the garbage bin. Perhaps people were terrified of the dark and feel nausea walking beside smelly garbage. Perhaps they feared of being mugged or bullied, which was what we were guilty of.

My clique was all delinquents as I did not fare well in the company of the intellectuals due to the missing knowledge. To blend in with my peers, I chose to walk upon the road of misdeeds; playing truant, sprouting vulgarities and resorting to crime. Once my path was chosen, I found it immensely difficult to revert back to the “good girl” image. Not because I was addicted to the thrill in committing crimes, or I took twisted pleasure in watching the bullied victims wail for their mothers, but I was instantly being labelled as a delinquent who everyone frowned upon. I was no longer accepted in the circle of the intellectuals or the nerds.

“Hey little girl, come play with us”, Lola drawled.

The back of the girl stiffened instantaneously. Pausing in her light steps, her head whirled around to see us. The poor thing adjusted the strap of her ‘Hello Kitty’ bag and her round dilated eyes darted around nervously. The three of us were a sight to behold. Our postures were straight, hands tucked neatly under our breasts and lips that were molded in a practiced smirk. Oh yes, we look menacing enough to scare a tender girl like her. Overwhelming waves of sympathy devoured me whole when I heard a whimper escape from her trembling lips and the tell-tale sign of her eyes glistened with tears.

I faltered in my steps. Apprehensive to lay even a single finger on her as I knew the traumatic experience we put her through would engrave a deep scar in her innocent heart. Before I knew it, Ellie and Lola were already poised in front of her.

I stood solitarily at the corner of the alley, wanting to wash my hands off this bullying. However I understood that Lola would not let me walk away without doing any damage. They sneered at her and flung sarcastic remarks harshly at her face. The brave girl took it all, eyes brimming with tears but not one leaked. Soon after, Ellie began to shove her while Lola wrenched her neatly tied hair from the bindings. Yet, I stood silently. My eyes fixated on a mysterious spot on my Nike sneakers, I tried to remain oblivious of the treatment of the girl.

“What are you doing”, Lola hissed venomously.

Her teeth gritted and dissatisfaction seeped into her steel gaze. I gave a shrug and trudged my feet unwillingly to the girl. Keeping up with the pretence, I cringed with disgust, as if the touch of her would make me heave over. I tore the bag from her shoulders and threw it on the floor. The bag smacked the hard ground with a vengeance and a tearing sound vibrating in the still air, signalling the end of usage. I snorted and strolled away.

“This is getting boring”, I spat in her face. Lola motioned Ellie to follow me and the three of us crept away from the crime scene.

My resolve broke down completely when I heard stifled sobs echoing from behind me. Ellie burst into laughter and Lola just had a look of pure satisfaction. I felt nauseous all of a sudden. My dinner was pushing past my throat muscles and my prim school uniform collar constricted my breathing. I inhaled the cool fresh air and almost felt better. Lola entwined her hand around mine and proclaimed that the next destination would be the new pub around the corner. Ellie shrill screams of agreement pierced the air.

Guilt saturated me and I just could not shake the guilt that latched its talons on my delicate throat. I could only blame my own cowardice that hid behind the mask I always wore. I figured that I better get used to this bullying. Besides, more of these would be expected in the near future. I am after all, a bully.

Take me away~




&the beauty.

just a girl

♥ Gnep
I'm just a 17 year old girl who wishes World Peace, Loves Family, friends and my dogs, Writing, singing and idolising.?



lust items

Laptop.
I Pod with huge space to put my never-ending list of songs.
A ticket to tour around the world.

What's rocking?

Monster by Meg & Dia :D

psst...



..



run away

Astrid SM
Marcus
Yu Fang
Mei Mei Shirlene
Roti
Shu Xian =)
Aleewa
WY *
Bao Yi
CXY =.=
Chamilia >.<
Jamie the small
Judy
The lovely AZI
Joan
Nat Nat
Man Yun!
eLIZ
MiRah

nostalgia

credits

designer joy.deprived
fonts&brushes xxx
images x
image hosting x
software

Adobe Photoshop CS3, Macromedia Dreamweaver 8.0

- please keep the credits AS THEY ARE :] thankyou.