I'm a mystery
Sunday, April 27, 2008
9:19 PM

I guess it's justified to say that 26 April 2008 was one of the turning points in my life where I gained a whole new perspective on issues.

I attended the service-learning talk and after which, we were spilt up to different work-shops. Fortunately, I had not changed my workshop due to peer pressure. Thank goodness that I attended the workshop - Wildlife.

Mr Louis Ng from ACRES, took time to speak to us about illegal wildlife trade and several animal cruelty. There were moments where the stories are so moving that touched me deep within me. There were moments where I feel like strangling the evil men committing such notorious acts. There were moments where I felt helpless like the animals who could not speak. Why must they suffer just because they have no voice? Mr Ng presented us some real-life cases which he had a first-hand experience.

Animals are like just like humans. They can think for themselves. They eat, drink and breathe the same exact act that we are now breathing in. They can see the beautiful world. They can hear the marvelous sounds. Yet, we are like hunters, killing the same living being, directly or indirectly. Would you bear to kill a chimpanzee if she spoke up and begged "Don't kill me, I have a family to look after"?

Many a time, animals living in this world are not respected nor do they have legal rights. They, generally being vulnerable and trusting, fall into our deception and captive. Usually, they are separated form their families or they become orphans. The captives cannot move more than an inch (either chained or kept in a cage that just fits their size). Although it's natural that people kill animals for food, it is rather how their method of killing irks me. Do they make it fast for the poor animal or do they bash up their body and let them slowly die? Would you want your death to be a quick one or be tortured to death?

The most frustrating thing is that we people, are actually encouraging this cruelty. It disgusts me to know that some of my actions are actually leading to some of these animal cruelty acts. I feel ashamed. Will you?








Please go to www.acres.org.sg

&the beauty.

just a girl

♥ Gnep
I'm just a 17 year old girl who wishes World Peace, Loves Family, friends and my dogs, Writing, singing and idolising.?



lust items

Laptop.
I Pod with huge space to put my never-ending list of songs.
A ticket to tour around the world.

What's rocking?

Monster by Meg & Dia :D

psst...



..



run away

Astrid SM
Marcus
Yu Fang
Mei Mei Shirlene
Roti
Shu Xian =)
Aleewa
WY *
Bao Yi
CXY =.=
Chamilia >.<
Jamie the small
Judy
The lovely AZI
Joan
Nat Nat
Man Yun!
eLIZ
MiRah

nostalgia

credits

designer joy.deprived
fonts&brushes xxx
images x
image hosting x
software

Adobe Photoshop CS3, Macromedia Dreamweaver 8.0

- please keep the credits AS THEY ARE :] thankyou.